What personal information do we keep?
- Name, address, contact details, date of birth;
- Email address;
- Business/company name;
- Payment details;
- Level of health cover and health fund details;
- Claim details;
- Medicare number;
- Pension/Health Care Card numbers;
- Prescription information;
- Medical history;
- Lifestyle and hobbies; and
- Products and services purchased.
- your server address
- your domain address
- the date and time your visited Kevin Paisley Optometrist’s website
- the pages you accessed
- the previous sites your visited
- the type of internet browser
- the type of operating platform you used
2. Where and how do we obtain your personal information?If it is reasonable and practical to do so, we will collect personal information directly from you. This will include contact details and other information relevant to providing products or services to you. This may take place in a number of ways, such as by telephone, directly in person, electronically, online, private health insurers, government agencies (such as Medicare), health service providers, doctors and medical specialists. This information will be collected with each purchase or alternatively through updates to the personal online account. Where a prescription is not provided either by email, fax or upload, we may be required to contact your prior optometrist as selected and approved by you. Such information may be pertaining, but not limited to customer details such as address and contact information. All consequent records from purchases will be kept on our secure database. Where we provide our services to children, we may collect personal information from a parent or legal guardian. We will not collect any sensitive information from you, revealing your race, ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union memberships. Exceptions to this include where you have given express consent to us to do so and the information is reasonably necessary for us to carry out our functions or activities. In order to properly provide our products and services to you, we may be required to collect sensitive information about your health, including your medical history, prescriptions and any disabilities that you may have. We will only collect this information with your express consent. We will not collect personal information unless the information is reasonably necessary for or directly related to one, or more of our functions or activities. If we are unable to collect personal information we reasonably require, we may not be able to do business with you or the organisation with which you are connected.
3. CookiesWhen you visit the Site the server may attach a "cookie" to your computer's memory. A “cookie” assists us to store information on how visitors to the Site use it and the pages that may be of most interest. This information may be used to provide users of your computer with information that we think may interest the users of your computer. However, this information is not linked to any personal information you may provide and cannot be used to identify you. If you would prefer to disable this feature, it can be done in your web browser preferences, however some features on our website may be dismantled by such action. By providing any details through the website, be it relating to your person or optical prescription, you grant us full consent to have that information.
5. Third Parties and your informationThe personal information that we have either in hard copy or on the computer database, can only be accessed by employees of Kevin Paisley Optometrists or authorized personnel engaged for maintenance, IT work or other necessary functions. All computers and databases are equipped with password authorizations, held only by our staff or designated personnel for the purpose of carrying out functions as mentioned above. In accordance with this policy, we may be required to disclose your personal information to:
- manufacturers and suppliers of optical products
- health service providers including health insurers, government agencies, private and public hospitals, doctors and medical specialists;
- our contractors and service providers performing services including (but not limited to) marketing, market research, mail-house services and product development services; or
- our existing and future strategic partners in respect of co-branded products and services.